October 22, 2008

3 months

Wow. We cannot believe that Asher turned 3 months old! I sang him Happy Birthday at 6:45 on Sunday morning, and just marvelled at how dear he is...even when he wakes up at 4:00am for an extra nursing. He has a madcap smile that is absolutely hilarious (which, sadly, I have yet to capture on camera), long fingers which are often wrapped around my necklace, and cheery early morning demeanor, and a rather serious gaze with which he appraises the world around him.

His 3 month birthday also means that I began working...and all 3 of us are settling into life at Covenant Pres and really enjoying it. The office loves Asher, and I love having him nearby. Right now he comes in with me 2 mornings a week and occasionally one full day, and he spends 2 afternoons with a babysitter.

Sunday afternoon after our first "official" service at Covenant Pres. We were all a bit tired, but very glad to have found a call and a chrch home.

Alan's parents were out for the weekend...they joined us at church and Asher met his Grandpa Mike for the first time (more pictures below)...I think it was love at first sight for both of them :).

Getting ready for church (if you look closely, you can see the elbow patch on the left arm of Asher's sweater--my "old man" favorite--so cute!)


Making faces at eachother in the bath.



Alan's football kids after a big win.


Asher usually struggles through most of Alan's games with the lights and noise. However, Mike & Nona must have had a word with him before the game because he slept through the entire afternoon! He even made it through Red Robin afterward--amazing.


Checking in after the game...


A 1/2 smile...we're still working on posing for the camera :)


Little Asher & Grandpa Mike...


...meeting for the first time.





4 comments:

Melinda said...

Brenna,

Your pictures and commentary are great! I'm looking forward to having time to do better with my blog. It's great seeing your son and family grow. I can't wait until Daniel and Asher are able to meet. Melinda

The Kaemingk's said...

what a darling he is brenna. i sure do miss you :).

Amy Grabow said...

I love old man clothes on baby boys. Graham has a few old man hats that we should send to Asher.

Alisa said...

Such cute pictures! Can't wait to meet him at the end of the month!

I believe the smile stage was when I told Kevin that we just had to get a faster camera because our old one was missing all of Abby's sweet smiles...