February 15, 2009

Christmas...two months later :)

As I mentioned above, it's 5:00 in the morning and I'm awake. Rather than spend another hour staring at the ceiling (and since I've prayed for everyone I know, myself, Asher, the church, our nation...etc), I'm now eating chocolate and catching up on the blog which has been woefully neglected. Somehow I feel that I might be in the middle of some huge cosmic joke...Asher is finally sleeping and i'm somehow awake...but at least I'm eating chocolate :).

Asher & Grandma Bonnie on Christmas morning. I had to work over Christmas, so my parents flew in on Christmas afternoon in a short, merciful break in this year's monumental snowstorms.

Asher & Alan making the Stanfield version of our Christmas Eve appetizers...but on Christmas Day (we had an abbreviated version late Christmas Eve and then made the rest on Christmas morning to share with my parents)
Early Christmas morning in our pjs--though only Asher shows it in this picture, we were all a bit sad to wake up alone. We missed our parents and extended parents...and were so grateful when the Robinsons showed up. On the 29th we flew over to Albany to see all of Alan's family...we have some great pictures of Asher meeting his cousin, etc, but I couldn't get them to load this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to add them soon...probably in another post.
Our pathetic, hilarious, prickly charlie brown tree. Since Asher was a bit young to take into the forest, we went to a tree "farm" so that we could still cut down our own tree. When we arrived, we found ourselves in the middle of a subdivision surrounded by houses...and a few trees. I made the whole trek in my heels...and Alan had to pause in the middle of cutting down the tree so I had time to take a picture (it took him about 15 seconds). However, we chuckled everytime we looked at it, and were glad to introduce Asher to our Christmas tree tradition.
Our stockings...made by my Grandma. So fun.

No comments: